Pages

Friday, January 23, 2009

Pork Spareribs with Black Bean Sauce

Here's what I cooked for Jander last night. I was going to take another picture of it but he already gobbled it up before I could do so. I love this dish because it is very easy to make and always tastes delicious. Also, the sauces that I use are strong enough so that I don't need to marinate the pork beforehand.

Ingredients:

1-2 lbs of pork spareribs, usually 6 strips (cut so each piece has a bone)
4 cloves of garlic, minced
few slices of ginger root (you can skip this but it gives the dish a nice heat flavor)

and most importantly:

Huy Fong Sriracha Sauce (I use this sauce to make any dish spicy!)

Lee Kum Kee Black Bean Garlic Sauce


Directions: Heat up some oil in a pan with the garlic and ginger. Brown the pork spareribs and stir in 1-2 tablespoons of each sauce in the pan (depending on your taste). Add some water to the pan to cook the meat thoroughly, at least 15 minutes.

Notes: Since it's almost impossible to overcook pork, it doesn't matter how long you cook it. The more water you add, the more it will dilute the sauces. I've seen people who use soy sauce or worchester sauce but I love the taste of black bean sauce with pork!

Also, to make this dish leaner, you can boil the pork in a pot of hot water. This will cook out the fat drippings. Drain out the water and then place in the oiled pan with garlic and ginger.


No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape