Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Restaurant Review: Pio Pio


If you are looking for an inexpensive family-style restaurant that serves delicious chicken and side dishes, look no further! Pio Pio is a Peruvian restaurant that serves rotisserie chicken marinated in a special Peruvian sauce. We ordered the Peruvian Combo ($24) which comes with a chicken, large french fries and avocado salad in addition to a Chicken Pio ($12). The sides are delicious and highly recommended. We tasted the fried calamari ($10) , seafood salad ($14) and sausage and fries. The portion sizes were generous. I was impressed with the amount of seafood in the salad - endless amounts of shrimp and calamari!

There are several locations located around Queens and Manhattan with the original store in Jackson Heights Queens. I heard from my friends that it is actually quite small there. But I would recommend the location that I went to in Manhattan - 210 East 34th Street. New York, NY 10016.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been to the Pio Pio in Jackson Heights a few times (several years ago though) and it was really good! I recommend the place as well.

Peggy said...

They have several branches now, so it's great. We should go there sometime =)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape