Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2008

I Baked Carrot Cupcakes!

I continued my baking marathon this weekend by making carrot cupcakes with whipped creamcheese frosting. Thanks to my friend Saori, it was very quick and fun to make the recipe. And are you interested in how they turned out? Well,....they were super delicious, moist and of course, sugary! I cannot take credit for this recipe, so if you are interested in making these cupcakes, click on this link: Karen's Cookies Cakes & More. She has tons of yummy baked goods pictures and recipes.

Karen's recipe for Carrot Bread/Cupcakes/Loaf:

3 cups grated carrots
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 to 1.5 cups white sugar (depending on your taste, but for me 1.5 cups was perfect)
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan or 2 8" cake pans or 1 loaf pan or muffin pan(s). In a large bowl, combine grated carrots, flour, white sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in eggs, oil, vanilla, and nuts. Spoon batter into prepared pan.

Since I made cupcakes, I baked it for 30 minutes for the full-size muffins and 20 minutes for the mini-muffins. Here are some pictures of my baking process:

Grating the carrots turned out trickier than I thought. Who knew that carrots would dye my Cuisinart a nice shade of orange??



I baked the batter in mini and full-sized muffin tins.


And here's my first attempt at frosting cupcakes with a knife...I will have to improve my frosting techniques next time. This was a fantastic whipped creamcheese frosting from Karen's blog. I alternated between walnuts and red sugar as topping.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like my BIG fluffy frosting. =)
But yes, it turned out well, didn't yet? (Is your blender still orange?)

k.a.r.e.n said...

Glad you liked the recipe. My food processor doesnt turn orange though.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape