Pages

Thursday, December 25, 2008

I Baked Japanese Cheesecake! Part 2

Here's my second take on baking the Japanese cheesecake that I posted earlier. I mixed in some green tea powder into the milk which was beaten into the softened creamcheese. It didn't look as 'green' as I had envisioned but I hope it tastes good.

I reviewed additional recipes on Japanese cheesecakes on the Internet (here's my favorite), and I realized that my waterbath should use hot boiling water. Instead, I used cold water. The cheesecake also shrunk from the 8 inch cake container - but I learned that that I should have left it in the oven for an hour to cool down. And I'll do a taste test to determine if I should put more green tea powder....it doesn't even look like I put the green tea powder inside! I will have to try these tips next time to help improve my cheesecake.

But voila, here is my second attempt which turned a nice golden brown on top (which I believe is the desired effect).



Feedback on the cheesecake: It was delicous!! Very light and airy especially compared to a Costco cheesecake. The flavoring could be more green, in my opinion so I will add even more green tea powder in my next batch!

1 comment:

k.a.r.e.n said...

how about adding some food color, too to make it look green?

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape