Pages

Monday, October 6, 2008

My Strawberry Cheesecake

Here's my first attempt at making a cheesecake topped with strawberries and homemade glaze! I cheated a bit by buying the graham cracker crust but I followed a really simple recipe found on my hand-held blender. The results were mixed....luckily everyone politely ate their slices but I think the cheesecake was too soft. Here is how it turned out!



Cheesecake Ingredients:
8 oz Philadelphia cream cheese
2 eggs
1/4 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
1 graham cracker crust

Glaze ingredients:
1 cup of strawberries
1/2 cup of sugar
3/4 cup of water

Directions:
Pre-heat the oven for 350 degrees. Mix the cheesecake ingredients except for the crust in a blender until smooth. Pour into the graham cracker crust. Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the mixture is set.

Let the cheesecake cool. In the meantime, make the glaze by blending the cup of crushed strawberries. Pour the crushed strawberries into a pot under low heat and mix in the sugar and water. Stir frequently until the mixture is thick.

Pour the glaze over the cooled cheesecake. Decorate with additional strawberries and whip cream if desired.

Recommendations:
I've heard that adding condensed milk is a regular part of a cheesecake recipe, so I'll check it out next time. Also, I suggest making your own glaze. I purchased a fruit glaze from the supermarket in an attempt to save time, but it tasted terrible! It was very artificial tasting that I couldn't put it on my beautiful cheesecake. A little goes a long way....

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape