Pages

Friday, October 10, 2008

I Love Hummus

So I've always known that hummus is really easy to make and it beats paying over $5 to order it in a restaurant. But why haven't I made this easy and delicious appetizer before? Chalk it up to laziness and a lack of a party! Now that I've made it once (and realizing how easy and delicious it is), I'm going to make it every week!



Ingredients:
1 can of garbanzo beans (chick peas) drained and rinsed
1/4 cup of chicken broth or vegetable stock
3 tble of tahini (sesame paste)
3 cloves of garlic
salt to taste

Blend all the ingredients until smooth and creamy. Optional: Top with paprika and a drizzle of olive oil. Hummus can be blended ahead of serving time and stored in refrigerator. Serve with pita bread or celery sticks.

Garlic-lovers, I strongly recommend to avoid putting more than 3 cloves of garlic as it can be very strong. I put in 5 cloves to satisfy my garlic-loving audience however it was too overpowering!

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape