Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

Restaurant Review: BKNY Thai Restaurant

Bangkok New York Thai Restaurant
47-11 Francis Lewis Boulevard
Bayside NY 11361

I've been hearing about this restaurant from Peggy, but in my head, I pictured it as a small hole in the wall. She finally convinced me to go eat here for dinner. Oh yea, it's her birthday soon too. Anyway, we drove around the restaurant and saw a small parking lot for patrons. The restaurant itself is quite large. Very unexpected. I didn't think they utilized their seating capacity though since it could fit more tables. However, it is a nice place for large groups of 20.

As for the food, we ordered two appetizers, two entrees and two Thai iced teas. I didn't think it would be enough but we were quite full. Here are some pictures of the food, courtesy of their website.

The BKNY Seafood Special - the sauce wasn't evenly distributed, so I only tasted bland seafood. Not that special.


The shrimp pad thai - The food wasn't served with two scallions sticking out. Otherwise I would have pulled that stuff out! Surprisingly very delicious. I'm normally picky about my pad thai but I was impressed with this simple dish. Unlike the picture, the peanuts and bean sproats were on the side of the dish which is what I prefer.

Thai fried ice-cream - What's a dinner out with some dessert? The fried part was too greasy for my taste. Who wants to taste oil with their ice-cream? Next time, I'll just order plain ice-cream.
Photos courtesy of BKNY Thai Restaurant.

Not shown is the crab cake appetizers wrapped in tofu skin. It was served with a side of sauce. Each time we go to a Thai restaurant, we mistakenly order this dish because we think it is more delicious than it actually sounds. But really...it's dry and just bleh. Otherwise, the food and ambience is good and we'll come here again for some local good eats.

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape