Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Martha Stewart Show Taping

Today I spent the afternoon as a member of the studio audience in the Martha Stewart Show. I'm actually not a big fan of Martha which is surprising since I'm really into baking and crafts! Whenever I see her show on tv, I always flip the channel. I think its because of the dark lighting. But since I received tickets to attend the taping, I figured I would enjoy the experience. I'm all for celebrity-spotting and doing something that's not work related!

Here we are waiting outside the Chelsea studios. I arrived at 12:15pm. We were told to arrive at 12:30pm sharp otherwise we would be denied entrance. Since it was flurrying, it was a relief to wait underneath the awning. We slowly made it to the front of the line, and told them how many people were in our party. We checked in and walked through a security point. Finally, we got into the waiting area where we were able to check our coats, fill out a release form, and learn about today's schedule! Originally the website said that we would be watching a segment on carrots but that was for the morning's live taping. This afternoon was for a taped show for this Friday February 6th!

For those of you that have never been a part of a studio audience, it's actually quite fun. (I've been on the Montel Williams show and Who Wants to Be A Millionaire?). We learned how to do a loud clap, a crescendo clap, and of course, smile! We were entertained by the stage manager who kept us entertained with jokes and free goodies (toothpaste, mouthwash, books and magazines). The studio set was broken out into different parts, including the greenhouse, the kitchen, the crafts area, and the bedroom. And of course, there were tons of lights on the ceiling. I expected the studio to be warm but it was actually quite chilly.

Here's a summary of the segments covered (more details regarding each one): Valentine's Day cardboard boxes, bejeweled cookies, leather handbags, and bird-watching tips. And the best part of the day? Our free giftsssss! To be revealed in next post...

1 comment:

L.T. said...

I can't believe you're gonna leave me hanging about the gifts! It's like the "to be continued..."

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape