Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Red Velvet Cookie Sandwiches

This year for Valentine's Day, I decided to bake some treats for Jander. He had a choice between cupcakes or moonpies. Intrigued with the second option, he decided that was what he wanted. I was inspired by Bakerella's treats, and these cookies were very easy to make and deliciously moist!

Ingredients for the cookie:
A box of white cake mix
red food coloring
1/2 cup of butter
2 eggs



Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix ingredients together. Drop spoonfuls of the batter on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool.


Note: Depending on the size of the cookie drops, leave 1-2 inches of space between the dough. (Don't they look kinda look like Play-doh?) Here's how my cookies turned out - I'm so proud of my evenly sized cookies!



Next, make the cream cheese filling!

Ingredients for the cream cheese filling:
8 oz Philadelphia cream cheese
1/2 cup of softened butter
1 tsp of vanilla extract
confectionary sugar

Directions:
Mix all the ingredients together until creamed. I didn't exactly measure how much sugar to add. I would say add to your taste!

Then add a dallop of the cream cheese filling to one side of the cookie and press together to make a sandwich! Enjoy!

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape