Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Black Hound New York

Black Hound New York is a European-inspired pastry shop featuring a delectable array of cakes, cookies, savory treats and confection. Everything is made from scratch using Belgian chocolate, pure butter and all natural ingredients. Their retail store is located on 170 Second Avenue in NYC. I recently had the pleasure of sampling a few of the cakes at a wedding. What an indulgent treat for the guests! I barely had room for these desserts especially after a traditional ten course Chinese banquet! But fear not, I always have room for sweets.

This is a picture of their dessert table set-up! And also a close-up of the cake stand. Our favorites were the strawberry and creme, and the pear almond cake! But I also love anything with ganache on it. Bring on the chocolate!


3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Yummy! I love desserts and I always save room no matter how full I am as well at weddings. Ha ha the downsize is that the desserts goes all down to my waist. Gotta eat less and move more that is my motto of the year. Will try the place out and thanks for the recommendation.

Jander said...

The pear almond cakes are the best! I got these cookies at Black Hound a few years back and I remember them being tasty, too

Peggy said...

@peonyinlove - Glad to know that we are of the same mind when it comes to desserts!!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape