Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Bliss World

I've been going to Bliss Spa ever since I received a giftcard for my birthday, some 5 years ago. My favorite location is Bliss 49, a few blocks from my workplace, located in the posh W Hotel on Lexington Avenue. Sometimes you have to get away from it all & indulge. My most favorite body treatment is the carrot & sesame body buff. They whisk you away for 90 minutes of pampering, and as stated:

It features a carrot mulch and hot oil rubdown, a warm milk and
honey drizzle, a skin-softening wrap, a sesame seed and sea salt scrub (to
remove every last patch of rough from your 'buff') and, for the grand finale, a
Vichy shower!
What do i do when I can't get to the spa --- without a giftcard, it does get quite expensive, you know? I pamper myself at home. I'm a big fan of body scrubs, sugar or salt. Introducing Bliss Blood Orange & White Pepper Sugar Scrub.



This is different from some of the sugar scrubs that i've used. It slathers on smooth and I can see all the spots i miss when i scrub. Scentwise: more citrusy than spicy. It's a strong exfoiliator (but not as strong as some salt scrubs ive used -- this one is more on the gentle side) and very moisturizing. My skin feels very soft afterwards and i could if i wanted to, skip the moisturizer.

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape