Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Restaurant Review: Sushi A-Go-Go

Sushi A-Go-Go
1900 Broadway NY NY
Tel: 212.724.7340


This is a bit late, but better late than never! After our pre-Thanksgiving Day trip to see the Macy's Parade balloons, we hit the streets to satisfy my craving for all things Japanese and came across Sushi A-Go-Go on the way from the Lincoln Center.

Since we weren't that hungry, we skipped the appetizers - but I'll mention that they seemed to have the standard fare that you would expect to see on any Japanese appetizer menu.

For my main course, I ordered the Sushi & Sashimi Tasting ($19.50), which consisted of 1 California Roll, 3 pieces of Tuna sashimi, 3 pieces of Salmon sashimi, 2 pieces of Halibut sashimi, and 5 pieces of sushi.




My other (and better) half ordered, ironically enough, the Half and Half Sushi ($17), which consisted of 1 California Roll with Tobiko, 3 pieces of Tuna sushi, and 3 pieces of Yellowtail sushi.


For dessert, we split the Decadent Chocolate A Go-Go ($8).


Or in plain English, the Molten Chocolate Cake with Green Tea Ice-Cream. This is probably what we liked most about our dinner.

The sushi and sashimi was decent - above average, but by no means earth shatteringly great. I was disappointed that the sushi/sashimi entrees did not include a choice of either a salad or miso soup - in my experience, that is the norm at most Japanese restaurants. If I worked or lived in the area, I could see myself coming here frequently for a quick Japanese fix. If that is not your situation, unless you're already doing something else in the neighborhood (like watching an IMAX movie or seeing a show at Lincoln Center), I would not recommend coming here purely for the sake of eating here as there are better places that are similarily priced.

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape