Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Red Mango: Frozen Yogurt



If you haven't caught onto the frozen yogurt craze by now (or fro-yo for the hard-core fans), Red Mango is a popular chain that has taken the USA by storm in the last few years. Pinkberry is another popular frozen yogurt chain as well and is often seen next door to each other especially in NYC. In fact, Pinkberry started making its way from California last year and I have to admit that I wasn't too impressed originally. Why should I pay an average of $4 for a cup of frozen yogurt and fruit toppings??

Well, Red Mango has changed my view on all things frozen. It is very similar to Pinkberry, yet worlds apart. The yogurt is distinctly tangy compared to other fro-yos. The toppings consist mainly of fruit such as mango, pineapple, blueberries, strawberries etc. (including non fruit options such as mochi and various cereal options....yeah, Fruity Pebbles!). However the ambience is distinctly different. The stores are more comfortable and offer more seating options. And I'm always lulled by the bright red decor at the Red Mango chains.

For more information on location, menus, and nutrition information, click here to go to the Red Mango website.

1 comment:

Jander said...

Red Mango is the best! I ate there once when I was waiting for Peggy and Sorry-hime to finish cutting their hair. After I picked them up, we went back to Red Mango - so, like, I had to 2 orders of Red Mango within 30 minutes of each other =D

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape