Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Foodie's Visit to Boston

I recently toured Boston in search of fine seafood. I felt like a food personality host while visiting different cuisines and food spots for the best food that Boston has to offer. I've always coveted the likes of Rachel Ray whose one job is to visit different cities and eat and critique! So this was pretty close to what I always dreamed of their job's responsibilities. The only downside? I felt like I had to finish eating all the dishes and I doubt the hosts on tv do more than take a few 'bites' of their food. As a result...I had a very full tummy throughout the entire trip.

Eating pho noodles in Chinatown...

Also at the Vietnamese restaurant in Chinatown. According to our tour guide, the smaller the store sign in Chinatown, the better the food and service!


Dessert at Grill 23 and Bar restaurant. While this restaurant is right next to the Salvation Army, don't let that fool ya. A dress code is probably required even though we showed up in shorts, sneaks and sweatshirts!

And here is their version of creme brulee. Sadly not the best that we've had.


Our meal at Elephant Walk (near Fenway Park). It's a French/Cambodian restaurant and it is simply delicious. I wish they had this restaurant open in NYC because I would go for every occasion! This dish is called Luk Lak, part of their traditional Cambodian menu.


This was rated the best dish in Elephant Walk by Stuff Magazine. The seared Tuna was delicious, and part of their French dishes.


This was our meal at the Union Oyster House, during our Freedom Trail walk. I had the lobster roll sandwich (picture not shown) but I thought the fried oyster sandwich was really yummy!



Finally, where is the search for delicious seafood without a picture of a lobster?!! Well here you go...run to Quincy Market and park yourself in the bar stool and enjoy a fresh steamed lobster, chowder and corn for $18.50.

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape