Pages

Monday, April 27, 2009

Airplane Chaos in NYC


This is neither food or beauty related but since it happened today in NYC and it appears to be on the major news, I figured I would blog and share a photo taken by my coworker. This was his view of the airplane from my building. Yes, it was close and darn scary. For anyone that had to go through 9-11 in NYC, this was pretty darn close to another big event. Luckily there was no panic but lots of questions and stories of what people say - a commercial airline on fire accompanied by two fighter jets coming close to our building. While CNBC was first reporting a military drill, other potential rumors included a movie photo-shoot. I'm wondering why our advanced technology requires a fighter jet to take photos of an airplane in the sky. One commentor on the blog said "are they using a disposable camera or something?" Seriously. The confusion and lack of notification to all businesses in the downtown area is just plain irresponsible. I get plenty of warning whenever the area is conducting terrorist drills but this should be considered one as well!


No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape